VAAN is a network of alumni volunteers who work with the Ohio University undergraduate admissions to help the university achieve its challenging student recruitment goals and help prospective students make good higher education choices.
Who can participate in VAAN? We encourage everyone who has been touched positively by Ohio University to be a volunteer. Your interest in being a VAAN representative is a testament to your pride in Ohio University, and with your help, the possibilities for Ohio University’s future are limitless!
When participating in the VAAN program, all alumni can help prospective students by:
- Volunteering for college fairs in your area: see list of fairs
- Participating in an online chat with prospective students to share your knowledge and pride in Ohio University
- Participating in organized letter writing campaigns to prospective students
- Assisting with special campus visitation programs
- Attending receptions for prospective and admitted students in your area
- Referring all of the college-bound high school students you know to Ohio University
- Meet your admissions advisor - based on geographic location
- For more information on the VAAN program click the link to your left or contact:?
Click here to sign-up to be a VAAN representative.
We ask that VAAN volunteers be either degree-holding Ohio Unviersity alumni or retired/emeriti faculty of the University.
Why should I become a VAAN representative?
In addition to our students, our alumni are Ohio University’s greatest assets. With your help, Ohio University can continue to set high standards for admission and recruit the very best students.
- VAAN provides an opportunity for you to stay in close contact with your university.
- VAAN offers you and your fellow alumni an opportunity to give back something valuable to your alma mater.
- VAAN allows alumni to improve a young person’s life by helping them to make good college choices.
- With VAAN, you can make a significant difference in the success of Ohio University’s student recruitment.
What would I do as a representative?
- Refer prospective Bobcats to Ohio University through the use of the online referral card.
- Represent the University at college fair programs in your area.
- Have personal contact with prospective and admitted students to share information and answer questions about Ohio University. This can be accomplished through face-to-face visits, online chats, serving as a representative at college fairs, assisting with campus tours, etc.
- Assist with special visitation programs at Ohio University’s campuses
- Host or attend receptions for prospective and admitted students and families
- Have regular interaction with undergraduate admissions before and after contact with prospective students and their families.
Sign up to be a VAAN representative,
or for more information contact: