The Athena Business Manager is responsible for budget and money managing for the annual Ohio University yearbook, the Athena and will provide oversight and detailed specifications of ad sales.
- Responsibilities include being the official treasurer for the Athena yearbook and managing the organization’s finances, including creation and oversight of the annual Budget of Expenses and Revenues.
- In addition, he or she is responsible for maintaining contact with the National Independent Ad sales leader. The Business Manager will design a program to successfully sell local ads around the community including but not limited to: creating brochures and selling material, setting appropriate ad prices, recruiting ad sales team members, communicating with perspective businesses and overseeing all team efforts throughout the year.
BENEFITS OF THE POSITION
The student business manager will gain an understanding of potential career paths in ad sales, management, or public relations while acquiring experience by working as a leader and salesperson in the area. Student will gain and strengthen leadership skills, communication skills, and experience making sales. The position provides the student with the opportunity to work independently as well as within a team to obtain experience in self-management, teamwork, task follow-through and professional-level job expectations.
Majoring in a business or public relations program with an emphasis on sales and experience with ad sales. Preferred that student is sophomore-level class standing or higher at time of application. Experience in working with businesses necessary and involvement in sales-focused organizations (Thumbprint, Sales Center, etc.) highly recommended.
- Evaluation: The student business manager will be provided with ongoing informal feedback and an evaluation upon completion of the 2-semester assignment
- Time/Compensation: The student business manager position is for the 2014-15 academic year (2- semesters) Hours: 7 hours per week (14 hours bi-weekly pay period) = 100 per semester; 200 hours per year. This position is paid hourly at minimum wage.
- Please submit Cover Letter with Resume (include URL links of work if available)
(Portfolios or examples of past sales work can be brought in at time of interview)
- If you have further questions about this internship, contact email@example.com