This event is a relatively new tradition at Ohio University and is one that is growing throughout colleges and universities across North America. The idea is simple; attend a dinner with students, faculty, and alumni to share a good meal, good conversation, and a good time.
OHIO alumni will host dinners at their homes or at a local restaurant. The goal is to strengthen the OU community by connecting current students with Bobcat alumni. Faculty members will also attend to help facilitate conversation and contribute any experiences from their profession. The dinners can range from being casual and eating pizza to having a large formal dinner.
Dinner with 12 Strangers provides faculty and alumni the opportunity to host a dinner for OHIO students. The goal is to make our OHIO community seem a little smaller by having graduates and professionals share their on-campus and career experiences with current students, providing them with an opportunity for a great evening of socializing and networking. OHIO faculty and alumni host can host these dinners at their homes or at a local restaurant of their choice. Meal costs will be covered through the Ohio University Alumni Association and can be anything from a casual pizza party to a formal dinner.
Come to Dinner with 12 Strangers and leave with 11 new friends!
December 2nd Dinner: Stephen's On Court
Dr. Jim Daniel:
OUAA Board Of Directors
- BS’68, Education, Ohio University
- MEd’72, Guidance and Counseling, Ohio University
- PhD ‘95, Educational Leadership, Miami University
Current Professional Position:
- Daniel Consulting, Troy, Ohio
Affiliations, Accomplishments and Service:
- OHIO Bobcat Club, member
- Urbana University, Ohio, professor of education
- Ohio University, adjunct professor
- Urbana University, Ohio, dean, College of Education and Sports Studies
- Urbana University, Ohio, senior vice president for academic affairs
- Kids Read Now, executive director
- Troy Development Council, volunteer
- Festival of Nations, co-chair
- Tipp City, Ohio Exempted Village Schools, superintendent of schools
- Troy, Ohio City Schools, assistant superintendent for instruction
- Tippecanoe Educational Endowment, founder
- Tipp City, Ohio Chamber of Commerce, board of directors
- The Future Begins Today, board of trustees
- Miami County CASA, board member and past president
- Miami County DD, board of trustees
- Troy Area United Fund Board member, past president and campaign chair
- Kiwanis International, member and past president
- Rotary International, member
- BS’69, Journalism, Ohio University
- Linda has a wealth of experience in the business world including positions as Vice President for Communications in healthcare and banking.
- Recently completed several years as CEO of a non-profit Hospice organization
- Has had leadership roles in the Troy Chamber of Commerce and the Troy Development Council
- Presently has her own consulting business
For more information about this event, please contact Kaija Nealon at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out on Twitter.