Welcome to the Atlanta-Area Alumni site. We are a re-organized group working to build a strong Ohio University Alumni network here in Georgia. We have adopted the name Atlanta Bobcats and are striving to be active in the community and develop more relationships with alumni in the area. There are over 2000 of us in and around the ATL; certainly we can make some noise!
Our group would like to take part in a wide array of activities including game watches, wine tastings, food drives, pro sporting events, and much more! Our current mission is to grow our database and become one of the strongest OU alumni groups in the country. We find many people are unaware of Ohio University. By growing, we can help expose this great school we know as Ohio University to people in the area.
Please take a minute to look around and if you haven't been in touch with us, please do so by clicking our names to the right. You can be added to our contacts and get invited to all of the great events we have coming up this year. Thank you for your interest and Go Bobcats!
Here are some ideas of why Atlanta is cool
- All the Neighborhood Festivals starting in the spring: Dogwood Festival, Inman Park Festival, Virginia/HighlandsSummerfest, Candler Park Festivals, CabbageTown Chomp & Stomp, Decatur Arts Festival, Grant Park Summer Shade Festival etc...
- Live Music any night of the week- From bars like The Earl, and Smith's Olde Bar to venues like The Tabernacle, Variety Playhouse, Buckhead Theater, Cobb Energy Center, Lakewood Amphitheater, Philips Arena and more.
- Outdoors- Weather is great all year round for hiking/biking the North GA mountains, taking in the many neighborhood parks such as Piedmont or Grant Park, boating on local lakes such Lanier, Altoona & Oconee, or a short drive to the beaches of GA, NC, SC, or the Gulf Coast.
- Great Restaurants- Too many to name and any type of cuisine you're into. From the fast-casual burger joint or Califronia-style burrito, to the pricey Bacchanalia, Bones, or Atlanta Fish Market -From the international flair of the numerous unknown restaurants along Buford Highway to the southern comfort food of a traditional BBQ, Atlanta won't leave you hungry.
- People of all backgrounds. Atlanta is THE Big City in the SE. Whether you're one of many transplants or a native Georgian, there is a club, a church, a group, a neighborhood etc.-you name it, that you can be part of. There are all walks of life and something for everybody!
Visit www.ohioalumni.org/calendar for upcoming events in the Atlanta area.